Guardian Cross Forum
[Update] CardHunter - case resolved - Printable Version

+- Guardian Cross Forum (http://guardiancross-forum.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome (/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Report a Scammer (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: [Update] CardHunter - case resolved (/thread-116313.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Update] CardHunter - case resolved - 190163525 - 04-15-2013 05:46 PM

Update:

This morning someone with a korean ign sent me a clean lvl 60 fast odin, I've just confirmed with CardHunter that is indeed mine, so i just sent back the cool kali. i think the case is finally resolved as i already got back my card.

So mod please see what actions are needed. Cancel the ban on him in the forum?

========================================================

Requestor's Forum Nick: 190163525
Requestor's IGN: Niemals

Trader's Forum Nick: CardHunter
Trader's IGN: damn it can't remember, it's a series of meaningless letters and figures, starting with 's' i think
Issue Type: Catalog Scam
Description of the problem: Swap his cool Kali with my fast Odin for cata right after the end of last coli, then go offline and can't be contacted, never return my dear fast odin.

a screen shot of our PM communication is attached

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - Ryanhapke - 04-15-2013 06:32 PM

Guess my hunch yesterday was correct..

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - WALUIGI - 04-15-2013 06:52 PM

that sucks man, but fast odin for cool kali swap O_O

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - 190163525 - 04-15-2013 07:19 PM

Oh he's tried to scam you as well? I guess I'm really in a rush after the coli to do tradings and didn't check his rep. Has been in this forum for quite some time, even lent my Odin for much lower tier collateral and all went well... Guess I should always keep alert.

Anyway, this is the first time I got scammed and hope last one also, but still very disheartening to say the least Angry

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - Alpha309 - 04-15-2013 07:24 PM

Hopefully you get it back. I have often been worried about catalog swaps. But I learned and only swap now with peoplei trust, or people I build a relationship with first and feel I can trust. I am pretty quick to catalog swap some of my bad older cards though, because if someone wants to scam those 9 times out of 10 the collateral is much higher value.

Now I just swap my 3 and 4* collections.

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - EnigmaGC - 04-15-2013 09:09 PM

That's messed up >Sad

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - Th3avatar - 04-16-2013 03:53 AM

Hmm he's still offline...
I'll take his ability to post so he can only answer PMs.
If he does not resolves this within 12 hours, I'll ban him.

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - 190163525 - 04-16-2013 05:15 AM

(04-16-2013 03:53 AM)Th3avatar Wrote:  Hmm he's still offline...
I'll take his ability to post so he can only answer PMs.
If he does not resolves this within 12 hours, I'll ban him.

I guess i really have a bad day... after being scammed for the first time in this forum, i also just got my first ever -ve rep! i though the negative rep is for bad trading only right? can ppl just defame me freely with this rep function even without doing any trade?

so mod pls here this is what happened just now: this guy Ng Jordan PM me and ask to trade my ace rb pazuzu with his great shiva. so since i've just been scammed, i decided to check his rep first. and know what i found? his great shiva was scammed from someone else! so i cancelled that trade offer, and get this free -ve rep from him Angry

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - DemDemos - 04-16-2013 05:56 AM

I knew he was a scammer, the moment I posted on his "almighty sonic dominion" thread in the trade section, which he immediately deleted (the thread) and made a new thread Dodgy

I hadn't thought much about it then, maybe I should've told a mod Undecided
Sorry for your loss, but atleast you can learn something from this aswell, and move on.

RE: Scammer alert - CardHunter - 190163525 - 04-16-2013 06:21 AM

(04-16-2013 05:56 AM)DemDemos Wrote:  I knew he was a scammer, the moment I posted on his "almighty sonic dominion" thread in the trade section, which he immediately deleted (the thread) and made a new thread Dodgy

I hadn't thought much about it then, maybe I should've told a mod Undecided
Sorry for your loss, but atleast you can learn something from this aswell, and move on.

Hmm, this sounds quite suspicious, but just why he needs to delete the thread and open a new one? What can be possibly gained by doing that?