logo
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Type guide
Type guide 02-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Hello! This is a guide if you are looking for which type is best for your card. This involves skillsets, so check what your card has.

General: if a card has only one stat that is very high (E.g. Alm succelus with atk) the type that boosts that stat is usually best.

First off: ace is best type for 99.9999% of cards. Unless Stated differently, ace is best.

Fast is also 99.9999% of the time second best. Examples where sonic is better than ace: TB/DP cards, GS cards.

Chao is, for 99% of physical cards the 3rd best type. It helps with survivability without reducing damage. Chao is very rarely better than ace, but can be in rare scenarios. Example: (not one yet, please contribute)

Int is 3rd best for almost all Wis cards. For some cards with extremely high Wis, wise can be better than ace. Example: deus ex machina. It has 7k Wis and hp already, just enough to survive 1 hit, but not enough to survive 2 even if it was AceR. Therefore, why not add to dmg without taking any major knockbacks?

Brave is usually a middle type. It doesn't boost anything special, nor does it decreases anything special. Examples where stalwart is better than ace: (not one yet, please contribute)
If you have a self destruct, rendburst or any kind of card that does damage based on MP, brave is the worst type. In rare scenarios, braveR can be an asset to SD cards. Most SD cards have 10k or more mana, so that 10% does nothing, as enemies would still be ohko'ed by 9k dmg. It also gains durability, and some cards (clotho, alm cherno) can ohko with another method. A. Cherno has a strong scratch, clotho has death4, etc.

Sexy is only good type for SD cards. 'Nuff Said.

Cool is also a middle type. Most people have that lingering ocd, so they would rather have a coolR clotho than a sexyR clotho, cuz sexyR triggers Them. Good trading chip, also the most normal type.

Pow is only good for very few cards. This includes strong QS'ers, soul takers and cards that already have very low agility (im looking at you, "heavenly Jupiter chocola") mainly a type for ohko. If you manage to get a durable card that can ohko with pow or has some other method besides QS to kill, is a good type. Examples:
Alm chernobog, arch succelus. Cherno as zerk can kill anything in the game with QS, NJ and scratch. So thats one kill already secured. It has SD too, so unless it gets sapped or banished or something stupid it will Secure 2 kills. Pow is usually very safe.

If i left out anything, remind me.

Signature
Find all posts by this user
RE: Type guide 02-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Post generally correct

Signature
[Image: chot.png]
RE: Type guide 02-16-2016, 06:02 PM
(02-16-2016 06:01 PM)Chot Wrote:  generally correct

This is also a general guide, there are quite a lot off one-offs that dont fit in any of These categories (darn witch of lore, Y u so random)

Signature
RE: Type guide 02-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Post Nice guide! Thumbs up!

RE: Type guide 02-17-2016, 04:56 PM
Post major props

Signature
[Image: chot.png]
RE: Type guide 02-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Post I disagree with the sexy/cool/brave/chao type argument. These types should be all equal. In coli, what's most important is speed and OHKO ability. Other than fast/ace, the AGI of the other types are equal. Same goes for the OHKO ability for these types except for INT types for casters and obviously POW for physical attackers.

Wise is better than sonic if there is a big difference in OHKO ability.

Chaotic/bold argument as better than the others in a physical attacker in most cases does not really apply. Not too many cards can tank other than the few outliers like Krush. OHKO and AGI is the same as cool/sexy/brave/fast.

Sexy being the worst type only applies IF the HP penalty is so bad that it is KO'd by a middling Qser. In some cases, sexy is actually better when it allows to the card to triple cast especially in revivers.

Brave only becomes a bad type if it can't triple cast and even worse if it's can't double cast. Agree with brave being bad type for SDers obviously.

This is just a continuation of the bias that was started back in the hacking/RMT heyday of this forum where most of the vets had acers.

Just my 2 cents. Not really going to change what people think about value of the non ACE/fast/int type here. It's too ingrained. Deadman's Cross doesn't have this problem. Almost ALL types are viable in the coliseum there.

RE: Type guide 02-17-2016, 09:52 PM
Post I agree. I think all the types are nearly equal (cool,sexy,chao,brave) for physical attackers if the extra hp doesn't make any difference. I had rather go for brave/cool than chaotic and pay 2 times the price lol.

RE: Type guide 02-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Post for attribute-based cards, wis can deal much much more damage without sacrifice def, and so in a long run, wise might be better than sonic.
a very good example is FSB, my sonic was super. but when newer cards are released, there is some cards that she can't OHKO. but wise can still have no problem.

Signature
IGN: (main) Hans-Rd / (alternative) hanspanett
Invitation code: HN61928
***Shop List***
[Image: 1415nrb.jpg]
RE: Type guide 02-19-2016, 08:58 AM
(02-19-2016 08:33 AM)hanspanette Wrote:  for attribute-based cards, wis can deal much much more damage without sacrifice def, and so in a long run, wise might be better than sonic.
a very good example is FSB, my sonic was super. but when newer cards are released, there is some cards that she can't OHKO. but wise can still have no problem.
Agree, if wise makes a 2hko a Ohko, then wise>sonic. In addition, I would also like to provide further support for Wise:
1) For mages, wise decreases a useless stat (atk), while sonic decreases defence, which affect survivability.
2) Wise is MUCH cheaper than Sonic Big Grin

RE: Type guide 02-19-2016, 09:03 AM
(02-19-2016 08:33 AM)hanspanette Wrote:  for attribute-based cards, wis can deal much much more damage without sacrifice def, and so in a long run, wise might be better than sonic.
Agree, if wise makes a 2hko a Ohko, then wise>sonic. In addition, I would also like to provide further support for Wise:
1) For mages, wise decreases a useless stat (atk), while sonic decreases defence, which affect survivability.
2) Wise is MUCH cheaper than Sonic Big Grin
we dont really look at prices here, its effectiveness. obviously the better the more expensive. this is how good they are, not how good they are compared to price

Signature
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)