logo
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mecha and you. What your father always told you about playing with your Cataphract.
Mecha and you. What your father always told you about playing with your Cataphract. 10-13-2015, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2015 07:11 PM by Radiantsilver.)
It's time to revive Ultimagick's thread http://guardiancross-forum.com/thread-269098.html

Since it was closed I'll take the freedom to just open a new one but anyone who is interested in Mecha decks should bear in mind that discussions have been going on for quite a while.

I'd like to take the release of the 15% Mecha Aura Cataphract as the immediate cause to continue discussions on Mecha decks.

My contribution to the discussion includes at this point some personal experiences with the evolution of my Mecha deck in the past weeks.

Last week was Clotho of Calamities week and I managed to lead my Mecha deck into Almighty ranks (top 450, I finished in 420th position) after my return to the game (I was absent from Guardian Cross from the first Skyborne Coliseum until Earthbound Angel week).

In Clotho of Calamities week, my Valhalla deck consisted of:

Starter: Sonic Clotho of Summertide | stoned in key stats | CoS is a fantastic starter, I can't think of any encounter where I didn't have the first move. As a starter Sonic type is essential, but Death+4 skill doesn't proc at all times (probably less frequently than Wise type), still often enough though. She also has Shadow Self-Destruct which enables her to kill two cards sometimes and give your deck a decisive advantage. She is susceptible to Troll King though, which has EP (to offset CoS' Impervious and Sap and could leave CoS without any MP (if Troll King's Sap procs) to cast Death+4 and activate Shadow Self-Destruct.

X Bold Almighty Triton (stoned)

X Chaotic|R Armorclad Hephaestus | stoned in key stats | He worked surprisingly well under the condition that his Sap proced (which normally did). His Nerve Pinch ability was also of great utility. I wonder how much better an Ace|R would have worked with a bit more AGI and ATK for more OHKO potential. The problem of the Chaotic|R is that his OHKO potential is extremely low in modern day Skyborne Coliseum, so as mentioned, in order to kill one card, he is dependent on Sap.

Bold Mech Argus | stoned in key stats | He's definitely the cornerstone of this team along with CoS and CTD. A great skill set and stats that often enable him to kill more than one card.

X Sonic Mighty Ultimata Nuada (stoned in key stats)

Cool|R Orcus (clean)

Ace|R Tyrant (stoned)

Chaotic|R Chimeratech Dragon (stoned)

X Intelligent|R Chronos (stoned in key stats)

Finisher: Bold Almighty Tyrant | stoned in key stats | Unfortunately, he didn't work too well because his ATK is far too low to be a consistent OHKOer in this crucial position. He is also susceptible to Death+4 casters. All in all, he works better in mid-deck and will be replaced by Almighty Wise Clotho of Calamities starting in Moloch week.

RED AURA: Lv 3 Cataphract | obviously

BLUE AURA: Lv 1 Uriel | Support for Bold Almighty Triton and Sonic Mighty Ultimata Nuada | with both cards becoming less useful in the long run, Ares might be a better choice to support the Giant Smashers in the team.

X = need to be replaced sooner or later

How to improve the team: certainly, last week's team will never appear in Skyborne Coliseum in this shape anymore.

The first obvious addition to the team is Wise Almighty Clotho of Calamities. She replaces Bold Almighty Tyrant as finisher who in turn switches positions with now outdated Mighty Sonic or Ace|R Ultimata Nuada.

The next card that is a must have is Zeno Centaur, of course. He will replace Bold Almighty Triton whose inconsistent OHKO rate and chance based Self-Destruct proc render the team too vulnerable.

Apart from these must-have cards, there are still five more options for Mecha decks: Ace|R Clotho of Calamities, Ace|R Sandalphon, and Ace|R True Chariot who were part of a super successful team run by Shinespark in Clotho of Calamities week.

Additionally, Ace|R True Phalanx and Cool|R Assault Juggernaut deserve a chance to be tested and might, in case of strategically viable deck placement, be efficient alternatives for an up-to-date Mecha deck.

Possibly the best Mecha deck as of Moloch week: Sonic Clotho of Summertide | Ace|R Sandalphon | Ace|R Zeno Centaur | Ace|R Mech Argus | Ace|R Tyrant | Ace|R Orcus | Bold Almighty Tyrant | Ace|R Chimeratech Dragon | Ace|R Clotho of Calamities | Wise Almighty Clotho of Calamities | Lv 3 Cataphract | Lv 3 Ares

Future outlook: the above deck looks pretty competitive. What is needed is one more strong Almighty and chances are that Chimeratech Dragon and/or Mech Argus are going to be superb Almighties.

Signature
IGN Alphar
J IGN Ragnar
Find all posts by this user
RE: Mecha and you. What your father always told you about playing with your Cataphract. 10-13-2015, 08:52 PM
Post Last week, my Mecha deck ended at rank 29. I used the following (will edit for order once I can access the game):

Acer Clotho of Summertide
Acer Chimeratech Dragon
Alm Bold Hephaestus
Acer Mech Argus
Acer Clotho of Calamities
Acer True Chariot
Acer Tyrant
Acer Orcus
Acer Sandalphon
CoolR Executioner Scylla

Toward the end of the week, I swapped Alm Bold Heph for Alm Sonic Spenta Mainyu. Bold Heph performance wasn't consistent enough for me.

Signature
[Image: vJzCas0.jpg][Image: EA_Logo.png]

[Image: MmEVYZY.jpg]
[Image: fwFMxT5.jpg]
[Image: lxMHfFs.jpg]
[Image: tAKA8Mi.jpg]
[Image: Uxd8w8C.jpg]
[Image: VIiyLPa.jpg]
[Image: vWfCPiT.jpg]
RE: Mecha and you. What your father always told you about playing with your Cataphract. 10-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Post I'm using the following, All AceR and FS, but I won't share the order

Juggernaut
Stymphalian Bird
Gargantua
Chariot
Nauda
Marchosias
Posiedon
Alm. Fortuna (CoolR)
Omega
Malevolent Fortuna (CoolR)

they'll be Super-OP with Cataphract!

Signature
[Image: chot.png]
RE: Mecha and you. What your father always told you about playing with your Cataphract. 10-13-2015, 10:32 PM
(10-13-2015 10:25 PM)Chot Wrote:  I'm using the following, All AceR and FS, but I won't share the order

Juggernaut
Stymphalian Bird
Gargantua
Chariot
Nauda
Marchosias
Posiedon
Alm. Fortuna (CoolR)
Omega

Nice one Wink Makes me feel sentimental though because it reads like my first Mecha deck some two years ago.

Signature
IGN Alphar
J IGN Ragnar
RE: Mecha and you. What your father always told you about playing with your Cataphract. 10-13-2015, 10:43 PM
Post Cataphract 2 years too late

Signature
[Image: chot.png]
RE: Mecha and you. What your father always told you about playing with your Cataphract. 10-15-2015, 02:58 AM
(10-13-2015 08:36 PM)Radiantsilver Wrote:  It's time to revive Ultimagick's thread http://guardiancross-forum.com/thread-269098.html

Since it was closed I'll take the freedom to just open a new one but anyone who is interested in Mecha decks should bear in mind that discussions have been going on for quite a while.

I'd like to take the release of the 15% Mecha Aura Cataphract as the immediate cause to continue discussions on Mecha decks.

My contribution to the discussion includes at this point some personal experiences with the evolution of my Mecha deck in the past weeks.

Last week was Clotho of Calamities week and I managed to lead my Mecha deck into Almighty ranks (top 450, I finished in 420th position) after my return to the game (I was absent from Guardian Cross from the first Skyborne Coliseum until Earthbound Angel week).

In Clotho of Calamities week, my Valhalla deck consisted of:

Starter: Sonic Clotho of Summertide | stoned in key stats | CoS is a fantastic starter, I can't think of any encounter where I didn't have the first move. As a starter Sonic type is essential, but Death+4 skill doesn't proc at all times (probably less frequently than Wise type), still often enough though. She also has Shadow Self-Destruct which enables her to kill two cards sometimes and give your deck a decisive advantage. She is susceptible to Troll King though, which has EP (to offset CoS' Impervious and Sap and could leave CoS without any MP (if Troll King's Sap procs) to cast Death+4 and activate Shadow Self-Destruct.

X Bold Almighty Triton (stoned)

X Chaotic|R Armorclad Hephaestus | stoned in key stats | He worked surprisingly well under the condition that his Sap proced (which normally did). His Nerve Pinch ability was also of great utility. I wonder how much better an Ace|R would have worked with a bit more AGI and ATK for more OHKO potential. The problem of the Chaotic|R is that his OHKO potential is extremely low in modern day Skyborne Coliseum, so as mentioned, in order to kill one card, he is dependent on Sap.

Bold Mech Argus | stoned in key stats | He's definitely the cornerstone of this team along with CoS and CTD. A great skill set and stats that often enable him to kill more than one card.

X Sonic Mighty Ultimata Nuada (stoned in key stats)

Cool|R Orcus (clean)

Ace|R Tyrant (stoned)

Chaotic|R Chimeratech Dragon (stoned)

X Intelligent|R Chronos (stoned in key stats)

Finisher: Bold Almighty Tyrant | stoned in key stats | Unfortunately, he didn't work too well because his ATK is far too low to be a consistent OHKOer in this crucial position. He is also susceptible to Death+4 casters. All in all, he works better in mid-deck and will be replaced by Almighty Wise Clotho of Calamities starting in Moloch week.

RED AURA: Lv 3 Cataphract | obviously

BLUE AURA: Lv 1 Uriel | Support for Bold Almighty Triton and Sonic Mighty Ultimata Nuada | with both cards becoming less useful in the long run, Ares might be a better choice to support the Giant Smashers in the team.

X = need to be replaced sooner or later

How to improve the team: certainly, last week's team will never appear in Skyborne Coliseum in this shape anymore.

The first obvious addition to the team is Wise Almighty Clotho of Calamities. She replaces Bold Almighty Tyrant as finisher who in turn switches positions with now outdated Mighty Sonic or Ace|R Ultimata Nuada.

The next card that is a must have is Zeno Centaur, of course. He will replace Bold Almighty Triton whose inconsistent OHKO rate and chance based Self-Destruct proc render the team too vulnerable.

Apart from these must-have cards, there are still five more options for Mecha decks: Ace|R Clotho of Calamities, Ace|R Sandalphon, and Ace|R True Chariot who were part of a super successful team run by Shinespark in Clotho of Calamities week.

Additionally, Ace|R True Phalanx and Cool|R Assault Juggernaut deserve a chance to be tested and might, in case of strategically viable deck placement, be efficient alternatives for an up-to-date Mecha deck.

Possibly the best Mecha deck as of Moloch week: Sonic Clotho of Summertide | Ace|R Sandalphon | Ace|R Zeno Centaur | Ace|R Mech Argus | Ace|R Tyrant | Ace|R Orcus | Bold Almighty Tyrant | Ace|R Chimeratech Dragon | Ace|R Clotho of Calamities | Wise Almighty Clotho of Calamities | Lv 3 Cataphract | Lv 3 Ares

Future outlook: the above deck looks pretty competitive. What is needed is one more strong Almighty and chances are that Chimeratech Dragon and/or Mech Argus are going to be superb Almighties.

I love you so much right now Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Wish I could log on!

(10-13-2015 08:52 PM)Shinespark Wrote:  Last week, my Mecha deck ended at rank 29. I used the following (will edit for order once I can access the game):

Acer Clotho of Summertide
Acer Chimeratech Dragon
Alm Bold Hephaestus
Acer Mech Argus
Acer Clotho of Calamities
Acer True Chariot
Acer Tyrant
Acer Orcus
Acer Sandalphon
CoolR Executioner Scylla

Toward the end of the week, I swapped Alm Bold Heph for Alm Sonic Spenta Mainyu. Bold Heph performance wasn't consistent enough for me.

Wow, your mecha deck is better than mine already!

And yeah... I'm not happy about my Alm Bold Heph casting Fire Swarm first thing lol

(10-13-2015 10:25 PM)Chot Wrote:  I'm using the following, All AceR and FS, but I won't share the order

Juggernaut
Stymphalian Bird
Gargantua
Chariot
Nauda
Marchosias
Posiedon
Alm. Fortuna (CoolR)
Omega

OMG <3!!!!!

Also, your deck is a sure winner because you're not using Ultimatata Noobuada Big Grin

Signature
IgN: Ultimagick (lvl 226)
Started GC: 9/6/13
Spent: $0
First SHT 5*s: Abby(I) PCI(I) HMS(I,F) Asmo Bryn(F) Baha Muse Kaneki(x2) Triton(I) AcH(Ch) SB(B) Ame(I) SB(I) Viv(P) KA(P) Verdandi(P,I)
Total NHT 5*s: N Valk(B) Puca(B) O Gilg(S) Sche(Co) Vishap
RE: Mecha and you. What your father always told you about playing with your Cataphract. 10-15-2015, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 03:35 AM by Shinespark.)
(10-15-2015 02:58 AM)Ultimagick Wrote:  Wow, your mecha deck is better than mine already!

And yeah... I'm not happy about my Alm Bold Heph casting Fire Swarm first thing lol

Lol, well I was using mecha as long as you were Tongue

I had all but given up on it, though, since SE wasn't releasing new mecha cards and it fell way behind as a theme. But somehow the new acres all came my way around the same time, so here I am again!

Signature
[Image: vJzCas0.jpg][Image: EA_Logo.png]

[Image: MmEVYZY.jpg]
[Image: fwFMxT5.jpg]
[Image: lxMHfFs.jpg]
[Image: tAKA8Mi.jpg]
[Image: Uxd8w8C.jpg]
[Image: VIiyLPa.jpg]
[Image: vWfCPiT.jpg]
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)