logo
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] Leaving giveaway!
[CLOSED] Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2015 12:18 AM by MouShijuu.)
As I'm sure you're all aware, for certain reasons I'll be leaving GC early. HOWEVER, good news for those of you staying to the end! I have 10 (maybe one or two more if I feel like giving away slightly lower levelled cards) lvl60/70 5*s to giveaway, the majority of which are HS/FS in at least the necessary stats.

RULES:

- Absolutely ANYONE can enter
- No edited answers
- No answers with blue lines (any edited or blue line answers will be ignored by me)
- Multiple guesses are allowed but you must have at least one person (not including myself) post after your previous guess for it to count. Otherwise, I'll ignore that answer.
- One guess per post only. Posts with multiple guesses will be ignored
- You MUST post your IGN in your post. Posts without this will not be accepted, regardless of correctness of answer, even if your IGN is in your signature
- A user can win any number of times, but no more than 2 in a row. If you happen to win two in a row, any answer you give for the next question will be ignored. Feel free to give the question after that a go, it's simply to allow even a little fairness in. Do note that side prizes do not count towards this limit.

I will ask a question. The question will have only one correct answer. The person who gives me the correct answer (the one I'm looking for, which will almost always be the technically correct answer) first will receive the prize.

FS means within 100 points of maximum.

Please note that some of the cards are coli bound. Use them next week!

Q1: How many hammer strikes were ORIGINALLY scored for in Mahler's 6th symphony?
Prize: ChaoticR lvl70 Ryujin FS
Answer: 3
Winner: Mirai

Q2: I play the clarinet and own more than one of them. How many clarinets do I own and what types are they (not looking for the make/model for the main prize, just the type of clarinet - note that I do have more than one of the same type)?
Prize: CoolR lvl70 Almighty Morrighan FS (If anyone (the first one to) can correctly guess the make AND model of even a single one of them, I'll give them a Chaotic lvl25 Abaddon)
Answer: 3 - 2Bbs and 1 A (Yamaha YCL-250, Yamaha YCL-CX and Boosey & Hawkes Symphony 1010)
Winner: xaveon23 (+ NoWun)

Q3: Which Roman emperor declared war on Poseidon?
Prize: Fast lvl60 Gilgamesh (Glaverow) clean
Answer: Caligula
Winner: NoWun

Q4: Which tragic "antihero" sacrificed his own daughter for favourable winds for the Greek army's sail to Troy?
Prize: Stalwart lvl70 Valkyrie FS
Answer: Agamemnon
Winner: NoWun

Q5: How many years have I played piano for?
Prize: Fast lvl60 Shiva FSinAGI/MSinWIS
Answer: 14 years
Winner:[CR] frust

Q6: "Mou Shijuu", my IGN, comes from the Japanese reading of my Chinese name. What is my Chinese name in Cantonese? Give the answer in Cantonese Jyutping and include the tone numbers.
Prize: CoolR Almighty Marchosias FS (Has served me VERY well)
Answer: Mou6 Ci2 Zung1
Winner: xaveon23

Q7: What country has the smallest population in the world?
Prize: Sexy lvl1 Scheherazade clean
Answer: Pitcairn Islands
Winner: whatsthis5

Q8: What colour t-shirt am I wearing right now?
Prize: CoolR lvl70 Deadman Titan FSinWIS/AGI/MP
Answer: Blue
Winner: Mirai

Q9: How many languages do I know fluently?
Prize: Brave lvl48 Almighty Rubicante Clean (The first person to name at least half of the languages (if you say "Chinese", you MUST specify which dialect) gets a Fast lvl55 Pemphredo (as lowly as this card is, it has served me fairly well in Masters and has once managed to kill 3 enemy cards in a row))
Answer: 6 - English, Cantonese Chinese, Hokkien Chinese, Japanese, Welsh and British Sign Language
Winner: whatsthis5 ( + xaveon23)

Q10: What flavour of pot noodle did I just gobble up?
Prize: Cool lvl60 Deadman Titan LSinAGI/MP
Answer: Chicken & Mushroom
Winner: xaveon23

Signature
IGN (Android): Mou Shijuu

Invite code: KL83225
Find all posts by this user
RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 12:55 AM
Post 3
Mirai

Signature
IGN: Mirai
RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2015 01:56 AM by dive_darkness.)
Post Nvm, didn't see it was for android ><

Signature
Looking for:
- Next week's Tower of God chapter (damn, just read it, you'll understand)
- 2nd year of med school
- The future Smile
RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 02:39 AM
Post 6
stopme

Signature
Android player

Ign: stopme
RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 03:14 AM
Post Pls ign : Guardjin

RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 04:13 AM
Post 2

IGN:Mr axe

RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 04:15 AM
Post 4
Ign 12121arjun

Signature
IOS GC - IGN OOO4

ANDROID GC

Rank 1
Master coli 72

RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 05:35 AM
Post 5
IGN:NoWun

Signature
IGN(android):NoWun

Guardian Cross Clash of Clans Clan<--------------------------------Click on it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 01:17 PM
Post And the correct answer is....3!
Mirai gets the card.

Mahler originally scored for 3 hammer blows in the final movement of that symphony. After the symphony's premiere, he revised the score and in doing so, omitted the third and final hammer blow.
In regards to NoWun's 5, there were indeed two further markings for a percussion instrument (which we can infer to be hammer blows) which Mahler got rid of before the premiere. However, these two moments did not explicitly ask for a hammer blow, unlike the other original 3 markings.

Q2 has been posted.

Signature
IGN (Android): Mou Shijuu

Invite code: KL83225
RE: Leaving giveaway! 01-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Post Three pewter silver brass
Ign:stopme

Signature
Android player

Ign: stopme
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)