logo

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
A 'Pro' Newbie story.
A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 08:45 AM by BoomerBaby.)

Hi GCF. I am writing this one as requested by my friend Annie. My self-introduction:

Retired player visiting

Annie asked my to do this because some members on this forum raised an argument about ‘can a newbie starts to earn stone income in coliseum in 3 months time (Rank B or above in Master)’. We don’t like talking JUST based on ‘TALKING’ or ‘I think…’ So we will conduct a real experiment to confirm if this is achievable or not. I will be doing this with my PHONE, and NOT an iPad which would not be carried with me during the day. So have fun reading, but I will not be online as much as other people so I may not answer your question in time.

Here is some ‘restrictions’ to simulate a real ‘newbie’ life.

>Start an account that is blank new
>NO invitation bonus, assume I don’t know there were things like GCF, Gamefaq, Facebook (for GC), Neoseeker (yeah right…) and I have NO friends to refer to/by
>NO money spending, only use any bonus SE provided
>Regular playing pace* (see below)
>NO bonus from giveaways (because I pretend I don’t join any forums at the beginning , or I have no luck in such thing)
>I have a very limited storage space
>Some small trading (assume I join a forum later in the 2nd/3rd week)
>I open a new excel sheet…

But I am going to cheat a little bit: avoid ALL mistakes newbies make except week 1.

Here are some facts:

FIXED bonus resource I will get from log in daily (for 1 week)

-3 NHT
-3 Coliseum Pass (x3 pack in 1 month)
-1 potions (2 pack of x2 pot in 1 month)
-1 SHT
-30x7 = 210 FP (assume I lose all)
-I will leave the fast leveling during the first few levels (actually I can get to Level 8-10 in day 1, which is equal to 8+ free recovery potions, and half of the speed in day 2)

BP recovery/spending*

I am newbie, so I only have a max of 50 BP and I am not strong enough to complete quest to increase this cap. It takes 2.5 hour to refill 50 points of BP. I will be doing 5 rounds of full BP spending (about 10 hours during day, plus a overnight refill).

A rough estimation, I can get 1 NHT and 1 coliseum pass in every round. So I will have 5 NHT/day (plus some extra from treasure chest, which do NOT cost BP for opening).

Also some further assumption:

For hunting, as a newbie, I would say I can hunt an average of 10 guardians in every hunt. An I will get 8x 1*, 2x2*. And 1x 3* (non-SS) in every 5 hunts. Hope this assumption is realistic enough. In additional I should get about 5 SS/day, double income on Friday makes it 40SS/week, this will be SPENT in the first week because I know nothing about trading!

For coliseum, I will be doing nothing in the first few weeks Sad except getting stomped and give free points to others, my avg attack should be below 1K and all of you will love seeing me.

Week 1

I will skip the first week, because I wouldn’t be doing much here with my low level/rarity cards. I cannot go into dungeons before finishing missions, and my cards are too weak anyway, so I will be going along the main storyline. A nice thing about mission (instead of quests) is that I will get 5 recovery potions every time I finish a main mission. This will be saved for later stage, such as hot weeks Elite Coliseum, events, and last-but-not-least, fighting hackers.

A little calculation:

7 days x 5 NHT will give me
5x8x7 = 280 (1*)
5x2x7 = 70 (2*)
1x7 = 7 (3*)

For 1*s, 280 = 8400 GP. All sold

For 2*s, I will feed them into my 3*s just to help me go through the missions.
But there is a little trick, I cannot hunt anything except Berneside and Volcano day, so most of my 2/3* will be water, earth and fire, and I will concentrate on leveling 2-3 3*. By the end of the week, I should have 1-2 of them to level 20-ish (remember? I spent 40 SS).

I also got 2 pots by doing nothing in coliseum, and 2x II (hopefully not MP)

Week 2

Now I am on GCF, meeting all the great people. Annie retired and gave me her OMG deck, end of the story… JK.

Now I realize I can turn my small stuff into some slightly better stuff. So I save my SS and I find a slime buddy, SS income x2 to 80SS. Hopefully with some luck, I can get 1-2 Gold Slimes so I start trading 40+ SS for 1x 4* feeder. By the end of week 2, I got 2x Lv55 4* into my deck by selling all my SS and GS. You can do this easier if you confirm a deal with one of the high rank players before hand, because they will have a regular weekly Almighty prize waiting for level up, and 40SS gives double exp as of a feeder, GP wouldn’t be a concert for these people and they would prefer keeping their feeders as a trade currency.

Even more, I completed a few catalog pages with the help from this community and saved up some SHT.

So by the end of the week, my deck will be:

Lv55 4*
Lv55 4*
Lv20+ 3*
Lv20+ 3*
Lv1 3*
.Inventory: some pots and 4 II stones

Week 3 = repeat week 2. Deck at the end of week:

Lv55 4*
Lv55 4*
Lv55 4*
Lv55 4*
Lv20+ 3*
Lv20+ 3*
Lv1 3*

I am not leveling up the 3*s anymore now. Instead, I am going to sell the 2/3* feeders for SS. Market price 5x2*/3x3* for 1 SS, so I will speed things up by offering 6 or 7x2*, 4x3* for 1 SS. This will increase my SS income by about 10 per week.

Week 4 = repeat week 3. Deck at the end of week:

6x Lv55 4* (feeders) + (2x Lv20+ 3*) + some Lv1 3*s

Inventory: 20 SS. 6 II stones.

One month has passed. Now I am way over Lv20 and into master coliseum. It is time to get my Excel sheet out and work ‘full time’. This may be arrogant, but I can say that NO ONE (including our self-claim pro friend Kenny) has been doing this except my boyfriend and me: extreme detailed intel/info collection.

I will setup my deck in this way:

Lv1 3*
Lv55
Lv55
Lv20+ 3*
Lv1 3*
Lv55
Lv55
Lv20+ 3*
Lv55
Lv55

This is just to earn a few more point, hope I can get a better rank in master, but it is not my main goal yet. What I really want is to collect as much information on ‘same level’ players as possible. And this will really be a full time job.

(1) Spend a pass to get 5 opponents and record those with average attack between 2000-3300:

Name, attack.

(2) Search them in friend screen, record:

In game Lv, win %, current ranking, previous ranking, life time battle counts.

(3) Then wait for 1 hours and do (2) again.

What information is in these recording?

>In game Lv/Previous ranking: a low level with good ranking shows that account may just be someone’s alt and it has some/all goodies. Avoid it.

>Win %: a high % (60+) should be someone we cannot beat at the moment, not to mention those 70%+. Try to find someone with 40-60%. Fight the lowest.

>Previous Ranking/battle counts: if the ranking is somewhere in C/C+ last week, and he has a high win% (70+) but small battle counts, he may be someone just go into coli and sit for a whole week, if you have NO choice, pick this one since most people do this with their alt, and most goodies are in their main. You may meet 1-2 Max Lv 5*, but my deck should have a chance.

>Most important: change in battle counts and change in Ranking. (aware the 50th win bonus)
3 wins = 30-36 points, (10point/win) this should make someone’s ranking up by about 20 rank in Rank C/C+
2 wins = 10-12 points, (5point/win) this should up by 5 rank or more for our low ranking people.
1 win = 2 points, (2point/win) should rank up 1 or no change.
0 win = 1 point, rank up by 1 or no change.

Of course we need to take the ‘ranking drop’ over the last hour. So an estimate/example:

First time I see Annie:
Rank 2000, avg attack 2000, battle won 1011

1 hour later, Annie:
Rank 1950 (increase 50), battle won 1031 (increase 20)

So it take her 20 wins to make a 50 rank increase (assume this needs 75 coli points for our low rank players), so she is getting about 3.5 points every battle won, which means she wins 1/3 mostly. I am not sure if I can beat her, but at least she appears to be a possible target. A little more info is that, she is using extra resource or just hit the magic button which gives her 5 passes, but this is not important to me 

Another example may be someone get a rank increase of 50, but # battle won increase of 10. Which means about 7.5 points per battle, so he is making 2/3 wins mostly.

Compare this 1/3 or 2/3 with their overall win%, you will see their true power.

I will be doing this as the main purpose of joining coliseum, and by the end of the month, I should have a Excel file with a few hundreds of player’s analysis in it. I will arrange it in a nice order for easy reference.

In the 2nd month, I should be easily stay in Rank C+ for 4x II every week. So at the end of Month 2, I will have:

16xII from master + 6II from previous novice. Total 22x 30 = 660 stats points, which I can turn into 6-7 III. Plus 2 feeders per week by selling SS, I should have 14 feeders. To maintain a full deck of full level, I can trade away 5 of them. With some patient, I should get a very old 5* now. Oh yeah! My first 5*!!!

From now on, I will be running coliseum with a full deck of feeders and ONE 5*. Using my Excel file I can avoid traps and pick on the EASIER opponent most of the time. To earn III stone I only need to get to rank B. Would that be possible? Let’s try next week. And this is just the very beginning of Month 3.
A quick recap:

Fixed weekly (monthly) income:

40 SS from hunting => 80 by using slime buddy (320)
10 SS from selling 2/3* feeders at a cheaper-than-market rate (40)
2-3 II stones from coliseum even by finishing master coliseum with 10 point a week. (10 II)

Trading up weekly (monthly) to:

80 (320) SS => 2 (7-8) feeders
10 (40) SS => save (1 feeder/month)
2-3II (8-12) => 1 (2-4) III

Built up inventory in 2 months (take minimum): 6 III + 14 feeders. Trading 5 feeders away.

With 1 feeder = 3III (high rate), 5 feeders = 15 III
With 1 feeder = 2.5III (cheaper), 5 feeders = 12 III

Total 15-18 III liquid currency by the end of 2 month. Hopefully people are not too greedy so I can buy a cheap Berneside/Volcano 5* with that and have the first 5* in my deck in 2 month from new.

Can I get to Rank B now? I think most of the people may still struggle. But with the information collection, I can avoid most trolling deck, learn people's decking habit, pick on the weak and build longer streak. I should be doing better than others with the same deck in general.

Disclaimer: most data used are ‘average’. Primary duty for a newbie in this guide is hunting for 2/3* and SS. If you hunting skill is lower and cannot get 10+ guardians per hunt, you have to improve on that first. Trading only involves small items as in 2/3* feeders and SS. Price will change over time.

If you find something ‘unrealistic’, I can’t really help you because I have already taken the lowest-to-fair trade ratio and average hunting odds.

To sum up:

>Always trade 'up', quantity => quality
>Always trade fast. Trading up does have to mean a profit, you can see I am actually paying more in 2/3* => SS
>Again, trade fast, because newbie has low storage space!
>Again, trade fast, don't 'break down', don't try to do 'selling 1 iii for 20SS' on one hand and 'buying 1iii with 15SS' on the other
>Turn junks into treasures. Your feeders = my deck.
>PAY $2.99 BEFORE TRADING, TO AVOID BEING BANNED BY SE.
>Spend all BP regularly.
>Information is power, don't be lazy.
>Don't be upset if lose a lot in battle, otherwise we are NOT newbies.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Post Good read, thanks for making this. Seems pretty realistic for the most part. It is worth noting that reaching the B rank isn't the hardest part - it's after that trying to make it up to the point where you can get competitive in A

RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Post 5 rounds of BP spending? Try with 2-3 per day, and feeding everything into your 2star chaotic banshee because she looks pretty (I know I did...).

Also, building db for coli battles? Yeah...that is a bit over the top. More realistic is always pick the lowest avg ATK.

Signature
[Image: sig20_zpsa6b35990.jpg]
RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Post really good read, well done! theres also other things that could be taken into account, such as stones gained from quest rewards, i think they personally made a huge difference to me when i returned to the game.

Signature
new ign of Kyle4321
RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 10:42 AM by KennyCX.)
(10-06-2013 10:31 AM)Kyle Wrote:  really good read, well done! theres also other things that could be taken into account, such as stones gained from quest rewards, i think they personally made a huge difference to me when i returned to the game.

You can not do quest when you start the game from new Sad

And a deck with 2-3 max lv 4* as main power will not be about to do many quests anyway.

Also, mission is more stable, a non-paying account can not affort gettnig BP dmg or fighting one wild guardian multiple times to move to next.

(10-06-2013 10:30 AM)mir13 Wrote:  5 rounds of BP spending? Try with 2-3 per day, and feeding everything into your 2star chaotic banshee because she looks pretty (I know I did...).

Also, building db for coli battles? Yeah...that is a bit over the top. More realistic is always pick the lowest avg ATK.

You get one 3* from tutorial... well, people even get a 4* by using code. She even put that aside. Can you ask for more? Lv up the 1st few cards isn't for coliseum, just to get you through the game storyline, if you have a problem with that... sorry no one can help you really.

5 round of BP:

Wake up in the morning (1)
After first class/travelling time+one hour work (2)
Lunch time (3)
After school/work (4)
Before bed (5)

Too hard?

Picking opponents without a careful planning, try pick this:

and see if you streak will get broken.

Signature
[Image: 34618qp.jpg]
RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Post ah, true, i forgot you cant do quests straight away!

Signature
new ign of Kyle4321
RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 11:00 AM
(10-06-2013 10:34 AM)KennyCX Wrote:  5 round of BP:

Wake up in the morning (1)
After first class/travelling time+one hour work (2)
Lunch time (3)
After school/work (4)
Before bed (5)

Too hard?

Picking opponents without a careful planning, try pick this:

and see if you streak will get broken.

I still think ~3 is more realistic. Deal with kids, drive through traffic, etc, no time for games early. Get one BP use at lunch and maybe 2 in the evening.

And yes, pick 750atk every time. A real newbie doesn't take notes on who they fought (hell, I think most players don't) or have a real idea on enemy patterns. Hell, I have "just" came to the realization that lower atk + higher rating = casters so I should stay away...and it took me getting to 250-350 range in masters to do that.

Signature
[Image: sig20_zpsa6b35990.jpg]
RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 11:20 AM by KennyCX.)
Post Yes a real newbie wouldn't do that, that is why this thread is here for them to read Smile

You can spend 50BP easily. If you are in a hurry, don't play new wild guardians, repeat the old ones and skip. The main purpose is to get NHT. It only take you 1 min or 2. You can do that in the washroom lol or even finish it while you brushing your teeth (like me Big Grin), waiting in coffee shop.

Well, it depends on how much and how fast you want to build up. If you only burn 100-150 BP instead of 250, you will be going half speed.

And this path is the most 'economical' way. Another one can be:

Sell 1* for GP,
Trade 2-3 SS for Lv1 4*
Level up the 4* with your 2/3* (and trade for the correct element) and SS.

This way, you get newer 4*s instead of random ones as feeders.

But her way saves all the GP by building max lv deck without self leveling. So she has hundreds of 1* that can sell for SS. I am sure you can sell 20 1* for 1 SS, which means 14 extra SS per week (market rate is about 10-15:1).

After all, this is a PRO newbie. Every thing is done in 'pennies'. But you can build a bank with pennies.

Signature
[Image: 34618qp.jpg]
RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Post Someone has to call the user Moonheart. He was him Who talk about "newbies" and "the 3month time schedule".

Anyway, very well done cindy

Signature
IGN: Confor7o

...as always sorry for my English

[Image: HAConfor7o_zpsc2bd6a7f.png]
RE: A 'Pro' Newbie story. 10-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Post Nice guide!

It's a good idea to check giveaway section from time to time. lol

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)