logo

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
For those who are new! :D
For those who are new! :D 05-16-2013, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 08:43 AM by BoomerBaby.)
I started playing this game not too long ago maybe if my memory serves right it was around late march on this year (2013) and I got hooked to the game specially because I’m a big fan of FF and some TCG, this is not a guide for hardcore gamers that want all the answers for all the major questions about this game, this is mostly a guide for all those new souls that decide to enjoy another side of this game and it’s the TRADING.

I’m writing this not as a guide to get the riches but as a guide to avoid rip-offs and to increase the amount of people in the forum that do active good trades and make us a bigger, better and great community.

First of all there are 2 things we need to point out:
1) As the new member you are you need to understand that people has already mastered certain acronyms, “slangs” and “behavior” rules to make this a good forum and enjoy the game, you should be familiar with those not because its mandatory but you did came to our “home”, hence you need to understand us as we will try to understand you.

2) We do not welcome scammers, hackers and all those guys that I would never end listing here, but I’m sure you get the general idea.

Now let’s get started with this little “help me I’m a newbie” post (BTW I’m sorry if I somehow end butchering the QUEEN’s English Tongue).

I could write many things and explain them bit by bit and make this a 3 pages post but it’s not about doing all the work for everyone, I mean many people here will gladly help you but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be doing some work to learn more and be more active in the forum so I will honor those who deserve it and I’m sure I will miss many others by posting links to some of the stuff that you should read.

This post is probably one of the best if not the best about working your way up to the riches in this game but at the same time it shows how good trades come from good and proper offers which most of the people don’t do, it’s quite normal to try to make a good deal for yourself but it’s quite different to rip off someone who lacks knowledge and riches about cards in the game so first of all read this:

SunnyJjang’s Guide to the Guardian Cross Trading Scene – From Rags to Royalty

Quite impressive isn’t it? Well yes, that’s how you should start working your way up to get the riches but something that you must never forget is to build up relationships that will help you in many ways not only with trades.

Now that you know a bit about currency in this game the next thing is to understand what other parties say because one of the major issues that break a trade is the lack of common terms or as we know it communication. There are many common issues with nonnative English speakers because many of them don’t have the proper knowledge to explain themselves and even more if people talk to them with: “hi!!!! I’m looking for some FEEDERS/STONES/SS/GS for my 5* (10 SS=1GS, 4GS=1 LVL 55 Feeder, 1 feeder =4 III)”… of course how could I not understand that you are looking for food (I have some on my fridge), wow you need stones? Wait a sec I’m sure I have some on my backyard where should I mail them to you?, I’m not sure what the Secret Service has to do with this but… ok…, oh my! Are you looking for Golden Sun too? Man that was an awesome game! But I hated that cliffhanger on GS after you fight in the tower and had to wait for GS II…
YES I know that was a bit overdramatic but… come on! Anyone that is reading this and it’s not clouded by the darkness of ignorance anymore knows we had to read all around the place to really understand some of those things even ask around, hence to avoid further problems with those acronyms and general terms READ this :

Common Acronyms and Terminology

As you can see we have some really great people trying to help everyone around to get the hang out of this forum daily life and some of them are really kind and awesome, now after you read that now it’s time to understand a bit more of the complex stuff but you need to know once again the very basics and guess what!?, someone was kind enough to explain the very basics of that complex stuff for us! So go ahead and once again leech of their knowledge!!! Let’s go!

[Read before asking] FAQ

Right now you know about currency, acronyms and some other stuff but we’re missing one very important part which would be the whole reason your reading this whole mess of a “guide” CARDS!!!! Yes we can now move to the very core of the game and trading, the goodies! Before we talk about which card costs what or why is this card better than others we must now understand which cards exist that people might want/need and were talking about the 4 stars cards and the 5 stars cards so here you can find a HUGE list of those cards:

All 4*/5* stats and skills tables 2.6

Just as a side note… shame on you if you did use this link since you should have read that or even look that on the FAQ link before this one Tongue, anyway we know what cards have what skills which are 4 stars and which 5 stars now we need to start TRADING! But as always we have no IDEA what to trade for X or Y card so it’s now the time for you guys to start your own journey but remember to don’t just trade away because someone makes you an insanely good offer!, because even though we hate to admit it we do have scammers lurking around even hackers so before you get an illicit card or become the victim of a scammer you should know that there is place that will guide your soul to the light and this will most likely be your best friend ever in here since you can ask a load of questions there before doing an specific trade like “my ACE odin lvl 60 for 25 gold slimes? Do you think it’s fair?” and someone will answer “NO its NOT they wanna rip you off!” so go ahead and ask here to understand the actual market and value of stones/cards and all the goodies that can exist in GUARDIAN CROSS happy trading!!!

Official Trade Help Thread (post all trade related questions in here)

Smile thanks to everyone in this great community that makes us experience another side of this game and specially to the people that takes a whole lot of time to write guides and things like that; in no way I’m taking credit for all those links they are the fruit of knowledge we possess as a community!
Oh BTW this a general compendium of useful stuff for all the new members out there:

All the Helpful Threads in One Place

ONCE AGAIN I take no claim of doing this all on my own many people help us every day so it’s good to give a bit back in return; we should try to bump this because seriously most of our new members don’t read the sticky/important threads but they never miss normal threads >.> I know what you all are thinking but it’s a pure fact.

Signature
"only those who are prepared to fire should be fired at"

IGN: Sekundez

help the newbies we all start as one
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: For those who are new! :D 05-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Post Everyone fights, no one quits.

Signature
[Image: Shakugan28_zps1d542018.png]
Signature credit: Loqqy
RE: For those who are new! :D 05-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Post Bumps for a well laid out segment

RE: For those who are new! :D 05-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Post Niceeee

Signature
IGN: Amadeus7

NHT: Int Jugg, sexy azi
SHT: Fast Azi, Brave Shiva , Brave Nuada, Int Poseidon, Pow Poseidon, Pow DT, Ace Gilga FFV, Int Ryujin, fast camilla

[Image: qd27.png]
RE: For those who are new! :D 05-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Post thanks for this. it's very helpful Big Grin

RE: For those who are new! :D 05-30-2013, 06:52 AM
(05-29-2013 09:07 PM)ZyMadison Wrote:  thanks for this. it's very helpful Big Grin

thats what we do help our hommies Big Grin and Welcome to the Forum

Signature

RE: For those who are new! :D 05-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Post very well put together. nice work for the new peeps!

RE: For those who are new! :D 06-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Post O.o didnt actually though this would reach 1000 views theres more newer people than i though amazing we keep growing as a forum cheerfull bumps for us!

Signature

RE: For those who are new! :D 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Post Just registered here and found out this thread. Thank you very much, it will be very helpful for a beginner like me.

RE: For those who are new! :D 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 12:22 AM by nelson.)
Post Great information! That you have provided in your post. it is very helpful guide for new comers. Nice sharing!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)